Wednesday, July 21, 2010

thinking of home....


I was thinking a little about home today, missing it a bit.  In doing so I thought of this picture I took before I left for Wyoming in April.  This is my dads rooster, King Leo, as my sister, Chloe, calls him.  My dad, Mike, bought him this spring at a livestock and flea market sale outside of Brazil, Indiana.  The drive was great, two lanes the whole way, which is quite enjoyable and the way it's suppose to be.  It was my last week in Illinois and dad, Chloe and I headed down in search of some yard birds.  As you can see the mission was a success and we came home with some good looking poultry.

The more excited the rooster gets, the higher his voice goes. He's got a little bit of a Barney Fife quality to him.
-Jeff Foxworthy

No comments:

Post a Comment